It has been a couple of months since our last update and it boy we have been busy. We have made it through the holidays, and are ready to start the New Year. We just know 2019 is going to be our best year yet!
With the accreditation process, Zack and I have really begun to dig down looking at operational policies and procedures as well as staffing, to build a team that will continue to make Pettengill Academy great and work towards this hard but amazing process.
Some updates we have in the process of completing and implementing are:
- Making the Pettengill Academy Website(s) more user friendly for both Families and associates.
- Making the Learn curriculum easy for teachers to use and implement. This includes training lead teachers with planning that will engage their students.
- Creating professional development plans for the whole center as well as individual associates.
- Re-working both parent handbooks, and associate handbooks.
- Chantel has completed the CPR train the trainer course through the Red Cross and will begin renewing associates with CPR. By having Chantel able to train associates at Pettengill Academy will no longer have to wait for community offerings of the training and will be trained as soon as they need it renewed.
- Increased usage of Kidreports in our preschool classrooms.
- Re-Creating Orientation for new staff members.
- Continuing Classroom Observations with a focus on Standard 1, 5, 10
Our goals for the near future:
- Begin work on Standards 2, 3 and 4.
- Re-Evaluate our Strategic Plan and Set new Goals
- Continue to create professional development plans
- Meet with Lee and Marnie from MRTQ for continued support with this process
- Get all staff on MRTQ
I will be honest, it is tough for me to go through this process as I am an instant results type personality, however, we are beginning to see changes internally which is wonderful. We also have seen buy in from majority of the staff which is crucial for this process as well as building a strong, successful team.