Welcome to Pettengill Academy’s Early Preschool Program.
We are very excited for you to be joining one of our classroom. The Early Preschool Classrooms are getting more and more independent each day and are typically between 2 years-3 years old.
Our days are now actively spent engaged in learning, doing art projects and using the PA LEARN curriculum. When we go outside we still use the small playground. After lunch we come back to the classroom for rest/quiet time.
Our main focus in our 2 year old classes is to help the students with their social-emotional development. We work hard with teaching the students how to use their words when interacting with peers as well as playing with peers in a positive manner.
In these classrooms, we also focus on reaching the following development and academic goals:
- Undressing and Dressing Self
- Cleaning up toys in the class
- Counting to 10
- Identifying animals and animal sounds
- Identifying body parts
- Identify colors
- Identify basic 2D shapes
- Sing ABC’s and repeat other classroom songs
- Continue to develop fine and gross motor skills
- Beginning matching and sorting skills
- and other developmental skills depending on the students in the class.
** Please note every student develops and learns at a different rate. These are goals for our students, but not all students might not have these concepts before going to kindergarten and that is ok. **