Welcome to our Toddler Classrooms.
We are very excited for you to be joining one of our classrooms. The toddler classrooms are still beginner walkers but are getting better each day and typically are between 1 year to 2 years in age.
Since we are becoming confident walkers, our days are full of adventuring and checking out every corner of the classroom ourselves.
We’ve graduated to only 1 nap per day but usually for 2 – 3 hours. Some of us still use bottles but we are quickly transitioning to cups. Bottles are prepared in the room with a bottle warmer typically if needed. We love going outside on the Infant/Toddler playground and being able to run and play with our friends and utilize more of the playground.
Our main focus in our one year old classes is to help the students with their social-emotional development and early language. We work hard with teaching the students words and positive actions to use express themselves as well as playing with peers in a positive manner.
In these classrooms, we also focus on reaching the following development and academic goals:
- Undressing Self
- Cleaning up toys in the class
- Use one or two words to label objects and to express needs and wants
- Imitate reading behaviors like turning pages and babbling while looking at pictures
- Follow Simple one step directions
- Communicate using simple words
- Showing interest in counting objects
- Identifying animals and animal sounds
- Identifying body parts
- Develop fine and gross motor skills
- and other developmental skills depending on the students in the class.
** Please note every student develops and learns at a different rate. These are goals for our students, but not all students might not have these concepts before going to kindergarten and that is ok. **