Welcome to Pettengill Academy’s Preschool Program.
We are very excited for you to be joining one of our classrooms. We are working on having a more structured day with using more independence and self-help skills and typically between the ages of 3 years old and 4 years old.
Our days are spent collaborating with our friends and how working together effects the world around us. We spend a lot of time being social by forming large groups at play and individual friendships for those moments we want to slow down. We spend a lot of time outdoors enjoying whatever Maine graces us with for weather and use the large natural playground.
Our Preschool students learn from the Pettengill Academy’s LEARN curriculum to get ourselves ready for school. At Pettengill Academy, our goal is for all students to leave our 3 year old’s classroom with the following skills:
- How to identify first and last name
- Identify, write and count to 20
- One to one correspondence
- Have a beginning concept of more/less, big/small, long/short, most/fewest
- Identify 2D and 3D shapes
- Beginning Concept of Patterning
- Beginning Concept of Same and Different
- Identify the Alphabet
- Identify colors correctly
- Have a concept of pre-writing skills
- and other developmental skills depending on the students in the class.
** Please note every student develops and learns at a different rate. These are goals for our students, but not all students might not have these concepts before going to kindergarten and that is ok. **