“Play is the highest form of research.” Albert Einstein
At Pettengill Academy, we understand that how difficult it is for a parent to entrust care of their child to someone else and we take that trust very seriously. We also understand your child’s development and education is most important during their first years of life. Our programs meet the various development levels of young students.
We are excited to announce the creation of Pettengill Academy’s own Curriculum, LEARN.
Pettengill Academy’s early childhood curriculum, designed with both teachers and students in mind. Daily lessons and centers engage children in developmentally appropriate academic activities. The Pettengill Academy’s Curriculum:
- Developmentally appropriate activities that adhere to industry standards
- Clearly stated learning objectives to help facilitate learning in all domains
- Flexible programming to accommodate varied learning styles
- Carefully selected themes that capture children’s interest
- Interactive activities that help children develop a love for learning while they are growing, playing, and having fun
- Enriching activity centers and circle times every day
- Comprehensive Age-Specific Programs for Infants, Toddlers, Twos, Threes, Fours and School-Age children
Pettengill Academy has developed Curriculum and Classroom Expectations for the different developmental levels in our program. This is to ensure the high quality care that is expected here at Pettengill Academy is followed and that there is continuity within the program.
We also follow a variety of developmental assessments to track the developmental levels of the students in our schools, including Pettengill Academy’s developmental checklist. These are meant to be tools to help track development and meet the needs of the students in our care. We do assessments a minimum of 2 times a year but more depending the age of the students in the class.