“Play is the highest form of research.”
- Albert Einstein
We Take Your Trust Seriously
At Pettengill Academy, we understand that how difficult it is for a parent to entrust care of their child to someone else and we take that trust very seriously. We also understand your child’s development and education is most important during their first years of life. Our programs meet the various development levels of young students.
Whole Child Approach to Learning
Pettengill Academy’s early childhood curriculum, designed with both teachers and students in mind. Daily lessons and centers engage children in developmentally appropriate academic activities.
The Pettengill Academy’s Curriculum includes:
- * Use of Frog Street, a high quality researched based age specific curriculum for all our different programs.
- * Developmentally appropriate activities that adhere to industry standards.
- * Flexible programming to accommodate varied learning styles.
- * Carefully selected themes that capture children’s interest
- * Enriching activity centers and circle times every day
Classroom Expectations to Ensure Quality
Pettengill Academy has developed Curriculum and Classroom Expectations for the different developmental levels in our program. This is to ensure the high quality care that is expected here at Pettengill Academy is followed and that there is continuity within the program.
Developmental Assessments as Tools
We also follow a variety of developmental assessments to track the developmental levels of the students in our schools, including Pettengill Academy’s developmental checklist. These are meant to be tools to help track development and meet the needs of the students in our care. We do assessments a minimum of 2 times a year but more depending the age of the students in the class.